Monday, April 13, 2015

Love Story: Engaged


Love Story:

Engaged

Trevon's version of this doesn't match up exactly with my story. But he's not the one writing it. So here is my side of how we got engaged.

We didn't wait long. We had both known for a while that we wanted to get married. Trevon got home from his mission on August 12, 2009. We had spent as much time since then as possible together. He took me "ring shopping" one day and I told him that I didn't want all that much to do with the ring. I would love it no matter what because he picked it out for me. So the shopping didn't last long.

August 27th came up, my birthday. I'd been working all day and I was looking forward to going on a date with Trevon that night. He came to pick me up, and we went to dinner. My pick. It was Gloria's Little Italy in Provo. I love italian food...and mexican food...and a lot of other food. But, the family who owns Gloria's is my dad's patient and it was a pretty new restaurant and super, super delicious real italian food. So I wanted to take Trevon there.
After dinner, we went to the dollar theater (we thought we were poor then...ha!) his pick, Wolverine. Super romantic. When the movie was over, we went to get milkshakes at Arctic Circle. We used to always get heath bar milkshakes and Arctic Circle was the only place we could get one at the time.
While taking me home, he missed the turn. I asked him what he was doing, and he said he was going to take me to the park for a little while. So we went to the park, where he kissed me the first time, where we saw each other for the first time after his mission. We played on the swings, and we walked around. My back was hurting so after a little while I asked if we could sit on the bench. When my back started feeling better, we got up and started walking to the car. He stopped me, hugged me and started saying all these sweet things. Then he started pushing me away and kneeling down. I was thinking "what is he doing? Maybe his shoe is untied." Because it was weird for him to say those things and be pushing me away. Anyway, I'm sure I said something stupid like "Ok, what are you doing?" and he answered that question by asking me to marry him. And of course, I said yes wanted to say yes, but the words came out "did you ask my dad?" (We've been over this, I say stupid, weird things when I get nervous or excited). After he assured me that he had asked my dad, I did say yes.



2 comments: