Friday, April 3, 2015

Liebster Award

Thank you Brittany from The View From Up Here. She has a beautiful blog, so I'm so happy that she felt like my blog deserved this award too!


1. Why did you start your blog? Well, there were a few things that led up to me blogging. I'd heard a lot about blogging and making money from it. I never understood how that was possible, but I was interested. Then I had one of my good friends, Britt, who started a blog. She encouraged me to start on too. If for nothing else, I wanted to start a blog for me and for people who wanted a safe, comfortable place to find new ideas and to share some of theirs. I've hoped that everyone who reads my blog, gets something from it. I wanted a place to share the things that I love and to hopefully make some new friends from it. 

2. Where do you get inspiration for posts? A little bit of everywhere. Other bloggers, Pinterest, magazines, my own feelings and thoughts, products I want to share etc. I write about anything that sounds interesting to me and that I feel I'd want to share with all of you.

3. Where is your favorite vacation spot. Well, I haven't traveled much outside of Utah. I'd love to do that more though. Anyway, I can think of a few of my favorites. One is Lake Powell. I've just always loved that place. I have always loved boating and everything that goes with it so that is a definite favorite. Another one is Boulder Mountain, this is a place that my family has gone every year forever. I've always felt this place was "mine" It's beautiful and there are so many things you can do. There are a few others, but I'll share those another time.



4. Do you belong to any blogger associations?  No? I don't think. I should probably find out exactly what that means, haha. 

5. What is something people would be surprised to know about you? I don't know that this is very surprising, but I've always had a hard time worrying about what other say or think of me. When I leave a group of people, my first thought is that someone is saying something behind my back. 

6. What is your favorite memory from last year? I have 2. One is running the Pink Series race, I did unexpectedly well, and I always love that. Plus it was a ton of fun and a super easy corse. The second is when Trevon and I celebrated our 5th year anniversary. We were able to spend the night it Park City and it was a much needed date. We went on the Alpine Slide, and the Alpine roller coaster, then we went to dinner and a movie. In the morning we just walked around main street for a little while before heading to our full body massage. It was really great.

7. What is your favorite quote? I have lots of favorite quotes. One I say over and over again is "I can do hard things." -Elaine S Dalton. This is something that gets me through anything I feel like complaining about.

8. Guilty Pleasure? Sometimes I hide in the pantry and eat chocolate...does that count?

9. What is your favorite book/movie? I have a lot of favorite books and movies. I always say one is my favorite and Trevon says "That's what you said about the other one." I love all things Harry Potter. I love The Children of the Promise series. I love Unbroken. The giver, The Lottery Rose,  I could go on forever. As for movies, You've Got Mail, Anne of Green Gables, That Thing You Do, if you haven't seen any of those, you have some movies to add to your list. These are all really great, feel good movies. And I have tons of other favorites too, but it would take all day to go through them all. 

10. 3 Words that describe me are: Determined, strong, honest.

Usually this award asks you to nominate 10 other people. I feel like that doesn't make this award all that special, so instead of nominating that many people, I'd rather just nominate one person that I feel deserves an award. So I'm nominating Whitney from Southern Hope! She's got such a cute blog and she has the best attitude about being a mom and about her life in general. She's someone I look up to in the blogging world for sure!
so, here are your questions, answer them and then, if you'd like, nominate someone you think deserves an award.

Here are your questions:

1. What is your favorite pass time, besides blogging?
2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
3. What is your favorite season?
4. Why do you blog?
5. How do you deal with stress best?
6. What is your favorite sweet treat?
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
8. Who is someone who inspires you?
9. Do you have a favorite kids movie?
10. What is your favorite quote?


No comments:

Post a Comment