Friday, March 13, 2015

Tomorrow is a new day...

One of my favorite quotes is "Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it." It's from Anne of Green Gables. One of my all time favorite movies. I have yet to read the books but I grew up watching Anne.

What a great reminder for us all that even on our worst days, there is always tomorrow to try again harder. This quote has helped me a lot over the years. Lately, it's helped me as a mom. I try really hard to be a good mom. Not to yell at kids, to keep my house clean, to make sure my kids are learning and growing and feeling the love that they need through out the day. Sometimes though, we all have bad days. Sometimes we don't feel our best. Sometimes we get cranky. And when that happens, I try to remember that there is a better day waiting for us tomorrow.

One day, in high school, I had a particularly bad day. I don't remember what it was now. Drama, bad grades...whatever it was, it had me upset. My cousin reminded me of this quote and added "for every bad day you have, there is a good day waiting for you right after it." So now when I'm struggling, I try to remember that it's ok to have bad days, but not to dwell on them. Look forward to the good days around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment