Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring Cleaning: Bathroom

Today we continue with spring cleaning. I debated for a long time if I should post these pictures or not. I decided that the post would be a lot better with them posted, even though it's a little embarrassing to show just how disorganized our bathroom can get.


First things first, the closet, where we keep everything we need to get ready for the day and to wind down at night. I start out by going through, throwing out the old or what we don't use, and deciding what we need to keep. One huge thing that we have tons of is lotion. I use lotion all the time but I have bottle and bottle and more bottles of lotion. I don't use a lot of scented lotion but I get a lot of them from other people. So I go through and throw out the ones that are half gone or that I don't like anymore. Then I go through all the other stuff.
I take everything off the shelves and wipe them down, and the organize them, refold the towels, etc.
Before                                                                                                              After

I put all of my sample size things in the pink basket. I had a ton of them that haven't even been opened yet. It made a lot of clutter before, now they are all in one spot when I need them.

Next, I do the same thing with our drawers. We are still working on getting some organizer totes but it still looks so much better than before.


Before                                                                                   After 
 I know these still look a little cluttered. Like I said, we're working on them still. Mag's favorite thing to do right now is to go through these drawers and mess them up and carry things around. So they are a work in progress.

Then I do all the normal bathroom cleaning. I clean and scrub the toilet, bathtub, sinks, mirrors, counters...everything. I again have Adelaide help wipe the walls down, and then we sweep and mop the floor.

The bathroom ends up being one of the easier rooms to spring clean because it's a lot of throwing stuff away. And the rest is cleaning it like normal.

What is the hardest room for you to spring clean?



No comments:

Post a Comment