Friday, February 6, 2015

Valentines Traditions

Are you looking for some fun ways to make Valentines day special for your family? I thought it would be fun to share a few of my favorite Valentines traditions.


One thing that I don't ever remember NOT doing is kicking Valentines. I'm always shocked that no body knows what this is. Kicking valentines is when you doorbell ditch a treat for a valentine. We've done this my whole life and when I got married, my husband had never heard of it.
 Growing up we usually made either pie or sugar cookies and decorated them. Then my mom would drive us around and have us run them to the door and hurry back to the car. In fact, I did this to Trevon's family while he was on his mission. Now I'm thinking they probably thought I was just too shy or too big of a chicken to stay and chat.

One fun tradition I just started  last year, I started because I decided that I wanted my kids to feel special on Valentines day no matter what. So I started putting paper hearts on their door when they were asleep. When they woke up, they were so excited to see them. This year I can't decide if I want to just do that again, or also surprise them with a little valentine on their pillow as well. We will see.


Another one I started last year was for Trevon. I hid a little treat with a note on it every day, leading up to valentines, for him. It made me feel more excited for Valentines day and, I think, it made him feel more loved from me.

I got this idea and these little circles off pinterest somewhere, but I can't find the link :(


We also have a few Valentine-y decorations I put up at the beginning of the month. (We've been slacking this year. I'll get them up this weekend for sure!)

I'm always looking for more fun traditions and ways to celebrate. What are some of your favorite Valentines traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment