Friday, February 20, 2015

Thinking Out Loud

I decided to link up with Running with spoons today. This is a fun link up that gives us an opportunity to just say things that are on our minds. It makes for some fun conversation and insight into the person behind the blog, I think.

1. I went to the dentist yesterday (who happens to also be my dad). I had to get a filling. Anyway, I got happy gas. It's been since I got my wisdom teeth removed that I've been on happy gas. If you don't already know, I'm really sensitive to anything like that. I get really weird. The things that go on inside my mind when I'm no happy gas, if only you guys could understand just how funny it is. The thing with that stuff is, when you're off of it, the things you're laughing about and thinking about, aren't all that funny anymore. I'm sure you've all experienced at one point or another how it is to be on it, so I'll stop rambling about it right now.

2. Be kind. I say that to my kids so many times a day! The other day after saying it I thought, am I kind? Then I started thinking about how to show kindness and teaching kindness. What an important thing to learn growing up. And I think the best way to teach it, is by example. I feel another post coming on.

3. I hate Bambi. My 3 year old is currently watching it, and ever stinking time I hear Bambi yelling for his mom and his mom yelling for him to run, it makes me so sad.

4. I'm thinking of being a little (or a lot) ambitious and starting up and directing a 5k geared towards awareness for abuse. It's a huge project that takes a lot of work. And I don't even know where to start. But it's something that I've wanted to do for a few years now and I've been looking into it a little more here and there. It's pretty exciting though, even though it's a little overwhelming at the same time.

5.My hand/arm is KILLING me! I think it's a pinched nerve but I'm not sure. I can hardly use it for anything. I'm getting it checked on Monday, hopefully they can do something for me and not just tell me to try not to use it.

6. I went shopping today. I haven't gone shopping for myself in a long time. I got a killer dill at H&M, which is kind of new for me. We just got an H&M in Utah a few months (maybe a year?) ago and I have got some great deals there so far and I'm loving that store. This is also a pretty newish look for me. I'm not usually one to buy any kind of button up shirt. I'm such a casual, t-shirt and jeans kind of person. As well as skinny jeans vs bootcut. I'm excited to try them out though.
Also, this is the quilt my grandma and I made when Trevon and I got married. I still love everything about it!

3 comments:

  1. Chambray shirts are the best. I'm not a button up gal either, but I have two of them, haha. ALSO I would SO help you you co-direct or whatever that 5k if you want help. Abuse is a ... not passion, but you know what I mean... of mine and that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to wear it. I'd love some help. From what I've looked into it, it's going to be kinda pricey. But if I can get some good sponsors and some save some money, I think it could totally be done. I will definitely keep you in mind for help! It will probably take me about a year to figure it all out.

      Delete