Monday, February 23, 2015

My 4 Favorite Cleaning Tools

It's only February but spring is certainly on the way for us here in Utah. And if spring is on the way, that means it's time for spring cleaning. And that means it's time for me to do a spring cleaning series. Every Monday, from now till the end of April I'll be sharing my spring cleaning tips and process.


Starting out I want to share some of my favorite cleaning tools to use. These are things I use multiple times a week, if not multiple times a day that I just can't clean without.

First off, this duster. I'm really short so the thing I like about this duster is that it can reach high places and I don't have to do a lot of climbing to get the house dusted. It comes with two different sleeves that you can switch on and off and you can also wash them. It also has an extension for the really high spots or to get spider webs down. I love that!

This Bona mop. I love this mop. It's kind of like a swiffer, but, you can refill the bottle on your own. It's really great wood floor cleaner. I don't know if they have a cleaner for tile, but if they do, I'd definitely consider getting it. It makes mopping so, so, so much easier!

My most favorite cleaning tool to use ever, is my Shark vacuum. This vacuum is the best thing ever. It has so many really great functions to it. You can vacuum carpet and rugs, just like normal. It picks up so much stuff it's crazy. You can also use this to get the dust and cob webs off of walls, blinds or basically anything else you can think of. It has a couple of different extenders to get into corners, or higher parts of the walls. It has a hard floor vacuum attachment which is one of my favorite things about it. I will vacuum up the crumbs so you don't have to sweep but it also picks up the dust, that a broom doesn't usually get, on the pad that is also on that attachment. The vacuum also has a portable lift away mode. That lets you take the canister off when you're cleaning under beds or when you're needing to carry it around the house to vacuum up in higher places. And there are still things I'm learning about this vacuum every time i use it. It's also super light weight and thin. It's easy to store anywhere. It's also really easy to use. You would think with so many different options in one vacuum, it might be a little intimidating and complicated, but it's actually really simple. Any questions are easily answered in the owners manuel. If you're in the market for a new vacuum, this is the one to get! You can find it here on Amazon.

My own two hands. Sometimes cleaning needs some good old elbow grease. It's always nice when a tool or product can make your work easier, but sometimes they just don't do the job. For years after we got married, I used a swiffer mop for my tile floor in the kitchen. But after using it and buying refills for it, I noticed that it didn't seem to be cleaning as much as moving the dirt around. So I got rid of that mop and started getting on my hands and knees with a bucket of soapy water and just wiping the floor down with an old rag. And you know what, it doesn't actually take that much time and work. If I keep up with it, cleaning the kitchen floor only takes about ten minutes. Sometimes you are the best tool.

What are your go-to tools for cleaning? Do you have a cleaning tool that you love to share with others?

9 comments:

  1. Like what you said, having the best cleaning equipment could really be an advantage. Not only does it make cleaning easier, but it would also bring better results versus using old cleaning tools. Your post also made me realize that I should really replace our cleaning equipment; it’s been years since we’ve bought new ones! Anyway, thanks for showcasing your favorite cleaning tools!

    Larry Brannon @ Leonard Brush and Chemical

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. I really love my vacuum, it actually makes me want to clean.

      Delete
  2. We fill up our janitor's closet every month with supplies, but we cannot afford to spend too much. We do a lot of the cleaning ourselves, and getting all our supplies for less money helps a lot. At least we can afford to keep the office clean when we have people coming over or clients visiting for meetings.

    Frank George @ Dutch Hollow Supplies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camelia Brown
    My favorite tool is Dyson canister vacuum. Totally lightweight and useful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for all the spring cleaning tips. I love blog posts like this because you can always find some nugget of information that you never really thought about before. My favorites are the natural tips because I do not like using all the artificial cleaners that I am allergic to.

    Rudy Swanson @ Haaker Equipment Company

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this nice post. I gather huge amount of info in your post. If you possible please share some review post. http://bestsharkvacuums.com/shark-rotator-powerlight-professional-vacuum-cleaner-nv450-review/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a valuable content shared,would like to know more about it.

    Residential cleaning services in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete