Monday, February 9, 2015

God's Love

At some point in all of our lives, (several in my own) we need some encouragement. We need support and love. We need hope.  Every so often I start to feel overwhelmed or discouraged or just really depressed.
 Once while in college, I can't remember the reason now, I felt so discouraged and heartbroken. I didn't want to go to my classes, I didn't want to even get out of bed, but I did. My first class was an institute class. I had it with Trevon, we hadn't even been dating then but I knew he would ask why if I didn't go. In that class, I heard a talk given by Elder Jeffery R. Holland, and since that day, this has been my favorite talk when I need something to remind me that I will be ok.

Here is a little clip from that talk:

to hear the rest go here

After reading or listening to this talk, I feel God's love. Every single time. It reminds me that He is there.  It reminds me that all I have to do is pray and talk to Him. He will answer. He is guiding me in life and He has a plan for me. 
  And if He is there for me, why would He not be there for you, or of anyone else? We are all God's children. He is literally our Father. 
  What would you do for your kids? If you see them hurt and crying. If they ask you for help. If you know they are struggling, What would you do for them? I know that God would do anything for us. He loves us, He's there for us. We only need to ask. 

If you're struggling, if you need some comfort, if you need someone to talk to that is understanding and who will give you honest help and love, ask Him. 


How do you feel God's love in your life?  What reminds you that He is there?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love EVERYTHING Jeffrey R. Holland has said... since the beginning of time hahah! My husband had a surprise lunch with him when he was on his mission in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy cow. That would be really awesome and really intimidating at the same time. What a great opportunity for him!

      Delete