Wednesday, February 25, 2015

10 things about me

While thinking about and planning out my blog posts for the next little while I decided I needed to do a few more "about me" posts. So I thought it would be fun to do a post of things you didn't know about me.

1. I went ice skating at my grandparent's cabin, when I was around eight years old, and I skated over some really thin ice and fell in the deep end. Luckily, my brother Bob was there and caught the hood on my coat so I didn't go all the way in. He really saved my life. I don't think I would have been able to pull myself out if I fell all the way in. This is the reason that one of my biggest fears is falling in through the ice and drowning.

2. My favorite animal is a giraffe, I don't even know why but I love them. One time, Trevon and I went to the zoo with his family, and I know you're not supposed to do this, but Trevon got the giraffe to come over to me close enough to pet one! I loved it.

3. My favorite season is summer. I love spring and fall too (winter and I don't get along). I love summer because I love all the stuff that you can do outside. And now that I have little kids, I love that I can send them out side to play in the back yard while I finish my chores inside, or read a book out there while they play. I love the sun and being warm and...I just love it.

4. I've lived in one place my whole life. I don't think I could leave it if I tried either. I love being close to both of our families, and even while I hate winter, I love having the seasons change, and here in Utah, we get a pretty good variety of seasons.

5. I'm the youngest in my family, and I always hated that. Most people like being the youngest but I always asked my mom for a baby brother or sister.

6. I've always had a very casual style in clothing and make up. I'm trying to branch out a little more now, and I think It's going pretty well. I still know very little about make up and how to do my make up "the right way" but I'm learning.

7. I don't have a favorite food but I hate fish. Any kind of fish. I just don't like the taste and texture of it. The best fish I've had was Salmon and I still hated it.

8.  I've been through a lot of really hard things in my life from the time I was really little. I don't feel it's important to go into detail here at this time, maybe at some point it will be necessary. I feel like I've come from all those things and tried to make something good from it. More good things to come, hopefully, if all goes as planned. If things work out, you'll be hearing about them soon.

9. Unfortunately I'm a pretty needy person. I kinda hate that but I can't say it isn't true. I need to have people close to me. I need to feel important and needed. I need to feel safe and loved. And I think every one needs those things but some people don't need that as much as others do. I'm one who, even though I need some alone time everyday, I also need to be with people. I need the conversation and attention.

10.  One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone makes a mess on the table or the kitchen counter and doesn't wipe it off. I'm pretty sure that came from hearing my grandma tell me over and over to wipe the counter off. And my mom always kept the kitchen clean. So now if mine looks like a mess to me, I can't even go in there unless I'm going to clean it all right away.


I want to get to know you too, What are some interesting things about you?


2 comments:

  1. Awww I love this! I did enjoy the season when I lived in Utah, but I absolutely can't handle the winters. Being far away from family was hard for me too... Giraffes are so cute! I'm casual with my makeup too, I'm always amazed at how much people pile on, I've just never been able to do it. I think you look beautiful just the way you are sweetie! I hate hearing you've been through hard times in your life, although we all go through it!!

    ReplyDelete