Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Community Brew: Generosity

What does generosity mean to you during the holiday season?
  To me, Generosity is giving with out the intent of receiving. Not just receiving a gift back, but receiving anything back. During the holiday season, when I think Generosity, I think of those who don't have as much. Those who are trying to make the holidays special for their family on what little they have. It shouldn't take the season to remind me to give to others, but I'm not all that great at giving. I'm trying to be better at that. This year we are sending money to a friend who is going through some hard things in life. We hope this will help with their holidays and making them feel a little more on their feet. Someday I'd like to be able to do this kind of thing more often, but as Trevon is still in school, we don't have much to give but our friendship and love. Until we do have more to give, We do what we can. 

Why and how are we called to be generous as believers?
  This question makes me think of Christ. He gave everything he could and never expected anything back. He asked us to follow Him, I think that doesn't just apply to the following the gospel, I think that applies to his life. Who He was as a person. 

How is generosity a theme in your life?
  As I stated before, I want to be better at being Generous. There are several times a day I realize that I'm doing things, or acting a certain way, because I'm being selfish. From the way I talk to my kids sometimes, to the way I ignore the homeless people asking for help. I had so many great examples of Generosity in my life, and I find myself thinking more and more about them and about how I can be more like them! 
So glad I was able to join Madison and Kaitlin this link up for the last month of this year. 

What does generosity mean to you? What are you doing this holiday season to be more generous?

No comments:

Post a Comment