Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Favorites

Today is the last day before Christmas that I will be posting. So here is a little Christmas card I made (really quickly as you can tell) for all of you. I've never been good at sending cards out, so this is as good as it gets for cards.


I wanted to share some of my Christmas favorites. 

Favorite Tradition

Some of my favorite Christmas traditions are starting to fade away since we are all older now. So it's time to start some of our own.  I know I've said it before, but I grew up with all of my family in the same area. I don't just mean in the same state, I mean, we all basically lived with in a few blocks of each other (with a few exceptions of an aunt and an uncle). So one tradition we had was that on Christmas morning as we were opening gifts, our aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents would slowly make it to each other's house. We usually ended up all gathered at my house. To see what everyone got. It was so much fun. 
My dad always made omelets for breakfast and my mom made bran muffins. Now that I have kids of my own, we've been having cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Although, I might also make me an omelet too. 

Favorite Movie

White Christmas...Hands down. It's just not Christmas until I've watched it at least once. My sister and I used to sing "Sisters" all year round. 

Favorite Song

I don't know that I have a favorite, but I like the classics the most. You can't go wrong with Bing Crosby Christmas music. 

Favorite Childs Book

Twas the night before Christmas. I had to memorize it in grade school and have loved it ever since. I've been reading it to my girls every day. They like The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey better though. Which is another good one. 

What happens at your home at Christmas time? Do you have any traditions or movies or books that you have to read or watch or do in order for it to be Christmas time for you? What are your kids favorite traditions?

I hope you all have a fantastic holiday and that you carry the true meaning of Christmas with you through the rest of the season. I'm so thankful for this season and for a brother who was willing to go through the things he did so that I could live with God again someday. 

Here is one more video to remember:

#sharethegift

No comments:

Post a Comment