Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Campbell's Products

Today I want to de a review on some Campbell's products that I got as a free sample. Here is what I got from Crowdtap:

  • Slow Kettle Chicken Noodle Soup
  • Chunky Beer and Cheese soup
  • Speghetti-o's
  • Prego Alfredo sauce
  • Creamy Parmesan Chicken skillet mix 
  • Portobello mushroom Easy for Cooking soup
  • Great for cooking Queso sauce
  • Cream Starter
  • A cutting board
  • A wood spoon
  • A tote bag
  • A shaker cup
A huge box of stuff! I was so excited!




Ok, So for starters, the cutting board is small but it would be great to pack for camping or trips. The tote bag, honestly I haven't used. Not much of a "big bag" fan. The wood spoon has honestly become one of my favorite spoons to use.  And the shaker cup didn't work at all. Although I'm not really sure how to use it in the first place....maybe I'm a little naive or something, anyone know what you use a shaker cup for? I would seriously love to know. Please, comment.


Now to the stuff that they probably really wanted me to critique.
Slow Kettle Chicken Noodle Soup. It came in a great little tub that I could keep the soup in if it wasn't finished and store in the fridge. A huge plus because I don't have a lot of tupperware. This soup was quick to make (like any other canned soup. you just warm it up on the stove or in the microwave. It tasted pretty good. I would compare it to Progresso soups.

Chunky Beer and Cheese soup. My husband took this to work and came home saying he couldn't even get through it. We don't drink beer, and obviously the alcohol cooks out so we were not opposed to eating it. He just said it tasted awful and he had a stomach ache the rest of the day. So that's a no go. We wouldn't even consider buying it again. And to be honest, we wouldn't have bought it in the first place.
Speghetti-o's.  Nothing new here. My one year old loved it. The only difference between this and the original Speghetti-o's is the packaging it came in.
Prego Alfredo Sauce..EW EW EW! It tasted like stinky feet. I kid you not. I hope I don't offend someone who likes Prego, but they will not be getting our business. I can make far better Alfredo sauce from scratch in as much time as it takes to warm this one up. And it taste a million times better. We didn't even end up serving it for dinner because we didn't want to waste all the pasta. Thank heaven we tried it before dumping it on the pasta.
Creamy Parmesan Chicken Skillet Mix. This was not too bad. It was really easy to use and it tasted pretty good. I think I made chicken and broccoli with some penne. I forgot to take a picture though. I would buy this again on a week that I knew was going to have lots of busy days and that I'd need some quick dinners.
Portobello mushroom Easy for Cooking soup. Not bad, but not good. I don't like mushrooms and I don't think I'd buy this again. It was too strong of a mushroom flavor.
I haven't tried the queso yet. I haven't had anything to make it for yet.
Cream starter. Now this I liked. It was so nice to have on hand to make soups or sauces with. It didn't really add a flavor but it helped a lot with thickening things. I think i even used it in gravy one day. I'd buy that again.

Has anyone else tried any of these products yet? What did you think? How did you use them? I'd love to hear for some future ideas, please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment