Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I found another fun link up for November today called Thankful Thursdays. So Today I'm so thankful for my cousins. Some people don't even know their cousins and I have always thought that was the weirdest thing. Seriously? How can you NOT know your cousins? Anyway, I have so many cousins, and honestly no favorite. I'm sure no one believes that but really, all of them are my favorite.

Growing up, I had seven, yes, seven cousins my age. And they are all girls! Imagine the drama of the pre-teen/teen years. But heres the thing, when you are best friends with your cousins, it's the best because all seven us were more like sisters than cousins. Trevon teases me about always saying "so-and-so, yeah she's more like a sister to me." Because I say that a lot.

(as you can see my wedding day was crazy windy)

So this is all but one of us. Annalisha didn't make it to my wedding but we still love her. I know this post probably isn't all that interesting to most of you but I'm writing it because it's important to me. These girls got me through some of the worst days of my life. They are all great examples to me and I love them all for who they are. 


If you don't know your cousins, or you just don't have cousins as cool as mine, I'm sorry. I'm truly so lucky. We had so much fun growing up. We knew everything about each other and we all knew what each other was going through. There has never been a day that I haven't thought of, seen, or talked to at least one of my cousins. We literally grew up with in a few blocks of each other (except for Ash and Annalisha, they were the only ones out of state).  We all went to the same schools and in high school we took the same classes. We definitely had days where we fought and didn't get a long but the next day was a new day and it was like nothing had ever happened. We also knew what kind of treat to take each other as an apology or to help each other feel better. 

I don't know what I would do with out these girls! I love them all. 


Thanks for the link up CarrieKatie, and Jamie

p.s. I don't know how to put a button on my post....anyone have any tips so I can add it here? 
Do any of you have friends like my cousins?


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! yay, thank you so much for linking up with us. I LOVE getting to know new bloggers!! That picture of everyone jumping is frame-worthy. Haha! Cousins are the best. I actually only had one my age, growing up but my husband grew up with 6 boy cousins!! So it's fun to hang out with them and their wives now that we are all grown up! Hope to see you next week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, you can easily add a button just by saving the "thankful Thursdays" picture as a picture and then upload it onto your post and as long as you have our links like you already do, you're fine! If you want the button to be linked to my blog, Jamie's, or Carrie's then just highlight the picture & then click on the "link" tab that is with the other tabs like the font size & color and stuff. Then add a URL in the blank space under the question, "to what url should this link go?" that will pop up! Hope this isn't too crazy confusing!

    ReplyDelete